4/15/11

Tingle

I have a cold sore.
It's living on the right corner of my mouth.

I know it's no big deal and all part of the fact that I've got "the face herpes"... and I have to suffer through it. It's been quite the pain, however. It's amazing how an open sore on your face can make you feel so vilified... so horrific. It can certainly strike at your self esteem.

It's only a cold sore... it's only a tiny blemish that hurts when I talk or open my mouth to eat.

It's going to heal. I just have to remember that. The downside is that it makes me feel unattractive and unable to kiss as much as I'd want to.

Your body has a way of telling you when you need to slow down. Maybe this is a little of that. I need to slow down and take care of myself for a little while. I need to watch my diet and my exercise. I need to be mindful of my stress levels.

All else will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment