10/22/10

Sliding People

The words came to me while I walked up the stairs to my workplace…

Perhaps the people in my life are like sliding puzzles. The picture of my relationships changes. Their roles in my life shift, slide, rearrange. They get scrambled and with it – so do I. But sometimes they all fall into place… they all start to almost feel just right. I reach a level of calm balance (or at least as close to it as it can get).

The strange thing is that once I start getting into a calm, once zen starts to overtake my being, the worlds of others begin to rock and with it they seem to start trying to make me shift them into places that they no longer “fit”.

Then the sliding begins once more… with me gradually easing those people out of my life for a while.

I never really liked sliding puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment